I'm back to writing a poem every day, whether they stink or not.

Thursday, January 19, 2006

This is not a poem

I'm giving a reading on Saturday, so I'm going to make some revisions to my work between now and then using the time that I normally use for this blog. I've been thinking of making this Poem-Every-Other-Day for the same reason. I've been turning out many many more first draft than I ever did before but I've revised very few of them.
In the meantime, I invite anyone who reads this blog to fill in for me. Just leave your poems in the comments for this post.

1 comment:

Squamish Writers Group said...

Good luck with your reading! Sounds exciting - can you get someone to film it? OK, here's a poem for Thursday

Soulmate

You stand, looking down
holding an old Kodak Brownie
picking me out in the crystal square.
I pose, hold a rose
in my teeth, you lick your lips,
hold a finger in the air. "Perfect",
you cry and there it is. I'm caught.
You open the back of the camera,
drop the film into your palm, tuck it
into a pocket in your jeans.
Maybe I'm struggling a bit
(you think its pleasure),
but the agreement rolls out -
I can now read your mind,
intuitively understand all your deepest
feelings, know more about what you need
than you do yourself. I have no needs
myself, just joy, pleasure and contentment,
nested in your pocket or maybe
still dancing behind the lens.