I'm back to writing a poem every day, whether they stink or not.

Friday, May 05, 2006

Poem

We’ve given God love’s name.
When we feel our prayers
rising into a Godless world,
we speak of love and feel
God turn to hear his name.

Creativity, wit,
passion, strength, and patience
are the virtues we use
to make the hearts of lovers
hurt until even the flesh aches.

He feels uneasy with this name.
Without God the damned stay
uncreated and never weep.
They never look back on love
and wish constant, hopeless wishes.

2 comments:

Eric Dutton said...

This one didn't end up where I intended.

For those of you who know me-
From reading the last week or so of entries, you might think that something is wrong. In fact, I'm doing well; I've just been in an odd vein with my poems.

Squamish Writers Group said...

Hi Eric!

Your poems have developed rapidly since you first began this blog/adventure. I especially liked Cold Fire.

I'm here to announce a new poetry workshop forum that I have set up - the Waters - my idea is to create a forum where we can post as many poems and as often as we want, but must comment on at least five others - comments only, not critique - I'm looking for lots of feedback for the poets, a place to test the waters.

Hope to see you there

Cheers, Jude